Summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements are met when shipping any item from KMM. Safety of product is paramount and all procedures must be adhered to including but not limited to method of shipment, packaging and delivery to carrier. The Shipping Operator’s goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork.
The Shipping Operator will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain and improve work instructions per the customer and standard requirement.
2. Prepares documentation, maintains records, and coordinates logistics for product shipment.
3. Accurate Data Entry using the proper tracking software and KMM manufacturing system.
4. Place items correctly into the required shipping containers, verifying that the labeling and pack slip requirements are per individual product and customer requirements. Maintain a clean and safe work area by performing the standard 6S procedure.
5. Follow any special instruction listed per contract instructions.
6. Communicate any problems or issues to the Program Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Team Lead, Accounting or Human Resource Department as needed.
7. Monitor packaging supplies and replace or order as needed to prevent delays in production shipments.
8. Performs other related duties and assignments as required
FOR COMPLETE Job Descriptions, please contact the HR Office.
Education, prior work experience, and skills and knowledge:
KMM skill assessments will be required for this position; minimum standards (scores) will be established at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. Employee must also have a strong background in computer processes and Microsoft Dynamics. Good communication and organizational skills. Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language. These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances it is expected the employee will be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position