Planning Assistant I
Summary of responsibilities:
This position is critical to the function of the BCA program and as such the purpose of this position is to download and maintain the data flow from the customer to provide accurate schedule and material requirement information. The Planning Assistant will have the responsibility to communicate concise, accurate and clear data, work closely with the IT Department to ensure the proper functioning of the required database, assist and strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, to assist the team in process improvements where possible. To do this, the Planning Assistant is responsible for the overall flow of data, customer communication of the program requirements delegated to their oversight.
It is expected that the Planning Assistant will represent KMM in a professional manner at all times, be responsive, and respectful to customers and coworkers. This position requires the knowledge and understanding of planning and master scheduling and the effect of accurate data for KMM Procurement activities to be able to provide material on time for the production process and the ability of production to meet the customer expectations and schedules.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Download data from Boeing (HubSpan) computer
• Import data into database, analyze data for accuracy and use basic math skills for schedule evaluation
• Down load and print AD drawings
• Verify, print and release jobs in Dynamics (assign MO’s) according to schedule requirements
• Analyze, compare and evaluate raw customer data to cross reference accuracy in the automation of the database.
• Communicate issues on database to IT Department
• Verify drawings, shop aids and other data needed for production operations for accuracy. Notify engineers, team leads, and manufacturing supervisor when data is incomplete
• Provide accurate written and oral communication to internal and external customers
• This position requires following KMM process and procedures
• Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and a clear understanding and demonstration of all safety requirements
• Assist the Operations Manufacturing Supervisor when needed
• Assist in the collecting data to respond to customer inquiries
• Assist with MRP verification and accuracy of data
• Assist in creating and maintaining production schedule
• Assist in Contract Review
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
* Perform other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and skills and knowledge:
• The employee must have knowledge or previous skills of manufacturing and the importance of maintaining production schedules.
• Must demonstrate the ability to perform some mathematical calculations, do accurate reporting, and analyzing.
• The position requires the employee be computer proficient as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Education and/or background in the use of Microsoft Dynamics would be helpful.
• The position requires a working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs.
• This position requires good communication skills, and the ability to professionally handle the customers and co-workers.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
This position will require long periods of computer use while performing the reporting, tracking and planning requirements. The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the production area to effectively evaluate program status and assist with program analysis. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office communication devises.
Equipment and machinery used:
The position requires the use of a computer, related software and other standard office equipment and knowledge of operation and safety requirements for the various equipment items used in the performance of the assigned position. This position requires the ability to communicate with the customer through various forms of media including telephone, e-mail and written correspondence.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Oral and Written Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and respectfully at all times including stressful situations. The individual can work effectively with all levels of coworkers and can communicate in clear, understandable and concise language. The individual must be able to effectively communicate through various forms of communication both written and verbal and internal and external.
• Leadership—the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others.
• Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. The individual is engaged in the operation requirements to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary. The individual demonstrates an understanding of the importance of the quality of work necessary to meet the customer expectations and the importance of their function in that process. The individual meets the measurement for FPY where applicable and strives to make improvements where necessary. The individual regularly reviews work environment for improvement opportunities.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and demonstrates this through quality work and attention to detail. The individual is willing to seek assistance where needed. The individual shows good judgment by adherence to company policies and procedures. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. The individual participates in 5S + Safety daily and keeps a clean and organized work area. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and increase in certifications.
• Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility. This competency will be demonstrated through cycle time reductions (productivity increase) and decreases in daily defects (improved FPY).
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and provides assistance as needed to the Safety Committee.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information):
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and strive for 100% quality as well as be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Planning Assistant must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees. KMM has no tolerance for discriminatory behavior of any kind. As a representative of KMM through contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
This document is considered proprietary to KMM and may not be copied, transmitted or shared outside KMM without express written permission from the H. R. Director or KMM Executive Management.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace