Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance of the KMM Killdeer facilities including various storage and residential properties in Killdeer. The Maintenance Supervisor goal is to ensure upkeep of buildings and yards while being mindful of profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting operation program needs and improving and maintaining equipment, floors, yards and utility equipment. To do this, the Maintenance supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of all cleaning and/or maintenance personnel delegated to their oversight.
The Maintenance Supervisor will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
This position would also require assisting and directing the cleaning of the facilities, which includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Maintenance of Boiler
• Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps
• Equipment maintenance , this includes building, yard and various production equipment tasks
• Understanding and maintaining all Roof Top Units and maintenance of heating and cooling units
• Maintaining required humidity, air flow which includes maintenance of humidity control system
• Outside maintenance of various KMM facilities yards and flowers, including moving hoses and set sprinklers
• Maintenance of KMM mowers, snow blowers and any such equipment or tools needed to effectively perform the required functions.
• Snow Removal and scheduling of outside contractors as needed.
• Vehicle maintenance schedules
• Ensure that outside lights are set and working to provide safe and well lighted parking areas. Verify that outside plug ins are functioning properly
• Maintenance of Building Interiors
• Moving equipment and/or furniture as needed
• Building production support items and help design tooling
• Maintain and assist in cleaning lighting fixtures as needed
• Maintaining and operating floor equipment such as buffers and floor machines
• Assist in the development and construction of tooling, work stations or any items needed to assist the elimination of waste throughout the facility and company as needed.
• Perform Calibration of tools and benches on an as needed basis.
• Cleaning and janitorial functions as needed
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
• This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues.
• Education or prior work experience or training in operating boilers
• Education or previous experience in a mechanical or electrical field
• Carpentry or building skills
• Boiler certification is required
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
• Requires stooping, bending and lifting of 25-50 lbs and be able to pass the fit test.
• Operation of floor maintenance equipment including buffers, floor cleaner and mops
• Ability to operate various equipment including mowers, tractors, riding and push, and snow removal equipment including shoveling and sweeping
• Ability to climb ladders
• Work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal.
• Some early morning, late evenings or weekends may be required as needed for production support and outside maintenance.
Physical movements to perform the janitorial functions as needed
Guide for Individual Tasks: (Not intended to be the only requirements to be performed.)
• Maintenance of Boiler to include: Keep boiler clean and running. Do water test as needed. Order chemical and keep chemical tank at a good level. Monitor humistats.
• Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps to include: Schedule oil and filter changes. Monitor condensation levels. Maintain belts. Maintain air dryers and coolers.
• Maintenance of Roof Top Units and heating and cooling units at all KMM locations and buildings: Order and replace intake filters quarterly. Clean intake filter three times a summer. Clean belts every filter change. Do visual survey of unit every filter change for fans, belts, and noise. Seal roof in spots that are needed.
• Exterior of Facility Maintenance: Maintain all flower beds and yards. Main Facility: lawn surrounding building, lots west, north, and east of facility. Jerry Fisher residence: Trim and cut trees. Bunkhouse: Pick up garbage. Fertilize Properties: 4 or 5 times a season on setting #4. Always use protective equipment. Spraying for weeds: Spray lawns with Amein in the spring and the fall of the year. Spot spray lawns between spring and fall. Weed Control: use Round-up for all weeds off the lawn. Disconnect and drain water hoses in fall and store for winter. Clean decks as needed.
• Mower Maintenance: Change oil filters in midsummer and fall. Clean mowers during oil change. Add Stabil to all tanks and gas cans before winter.
• Snow Removal: Remove snow from Main, Mall, Central, Jerry Fisher residence and Bunkhouse. Put salt down for ice. Service and maintain snow blower. Set up snow removal in Main parking lot.
• Vehicles: Service pickup and Suburban every 3,000 miles. “Stan normally for repairs”. Clean inside every three months or when needed. Clean outside when needed. Check and add fluids when needed. Gas up when needed.
• Flag Pole & Lights: Replace flag when needed. Adjust outside light timers seasonally.
• Interior of Facility: Check and replace lights throughout plants in Killdeer and Halliday. Check and control thermostats, humistats, and dampers for rooftop vents. Paint when needed. Fix and maintain tile floors. Build things for production use and building as needed or required. Keep plumbing working in facilities and repair as needed. Moving furniture and equipment in and to other facilities. Help Cells with special projects and wave solder ext. Unload truck shipments, drive forklift occasionally as needed. Carefully weigh, carry and palletize solder dross shipments. Get osmosis water from Jerry’s S.V.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Oral communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance and direction.
● Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times were extra hours are necessary to meet customer delivery requirements.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and the employee’s continued employment and as such the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
Communication and transparency are critical to the success of this position. The Maintenance Supervisor must foster a culture of commitment and proactive response to any KMM coworker or customer.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
The employee is representing KMM through their contact with customers, vendors and fellow employees and is expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
This position may require travel for training, to customers and/or other KMM facilities as needed and this may include working at other locations periodically and/or possibly for extended periods of time to support operations and fulfill job requirements In the event that a KMM vehicle is not available for use the employee will be required to provide their own transportation.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This position is considered a leadership position and as such is a representative of KMM and is therefore expected to be performed in a professional manner at all times.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.