The purpose of the position is to test and trouble shoot product to ensure that the customer quality and functionality are met to the exact configuration per contract requirement. They will have the responsibility for maintaining a stable workflow of cables through test while achieving 100% FPY to our customer. This position requires concise communication and clear data to assist and strive to eliminate waste, while meeting program schedules. It is critical to this position that workflow is evaluated and schedules maintained. To accomplish this function extra hours and occasional weekends may be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize complex schematics, procedures and drawings
- Write test instructions and/or programs derived from customer specs – P8/Hett.
- Assist engineers with test files received from Boeing – BCA
- Report and document all test data and analysis
- Regular maintenance and repair to test equipment as needed
- Operate various test equipment and hand tools
- Maintain a test throughput per daily demand
- Test throughput is maintained through status, daily ship report, & storyboards
- And/or an empty shelf
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
- Additional tasks as assigned
- List Duties
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s Degree in Technology, Engineering, Electronics or related field; or 12 months of professional work in similar position is preferred.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with maximum
- Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate
- Ability to follow written and verbal
- Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language
- Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical
- Ability to read written instructions, drawings, specification and ensure that other written and visual standards are being followed.
- The ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication methods with coworkers and customers as necessary to perform job
- Wire harness or Fiber Optic assembly experience
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Test Equipment
- Cirris CH+
- DIT-MCO 2115
- Hand Held
- Fluke digital multi-meters
- Hand Tools
- Wire strippers
- Crimp tooling
- Heat Gun
- This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators
- Combined sitting, standing, and the ability to move freely throughout the facility on a daily basis to accomplish
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds to transport material and/or equipment throughout the
- Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to identify correct
- The ability to distinguish colors for the purpose of wire identification
Extensive sitting at a computer.