The purpose of this position is to do receiving and inspection on incoming items at KMM. It is imperative to this position that processes and procedures are followed and that communication with procurement and production are clear and concise to support the needs of the facility. The Receiving Inspector goal is to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork. To do this, the Receiving Inspector is responsible for the overall performance of all program production delegated to their oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive materials from suppliers and perform the required inspections per procedure Receiving Product.
- Understand and provide the necessary assistance for Supplier Review Board as defined in Supplier Management System.
- Process nonconforming material per policy on Non-Conforming Material.
- Understand responsibilities in purchasing procedures as they relate to receiving.
- Perform or verify First Articles per policy First Article Inspection
- Monitor & update NCR and Hold Status.
- Monitor incoming shipments, and notify affected parties of any early or late deliveries.
- Understand all aspects of purchase order requirements as it pertains to receiving of materials and the quality requirements.
- Read and interpret drawings and necessary documents as it pertains to the receiving of materials.
- Understand and comply with all customer specific receiving requirements.
- Control and monitor inspection tooling to ensure optimum performance
- Follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, including Quality Instructions and KMM Policies.
- Use the computer or tooling; accurately enter data to the appropriate database or Dynamics system.
- Internet research for suppliers and components as required.
- Provide continuous improvements through lean and process improvement activities.
- Cross train into Material Handler & perform the job tasks in a backup role.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires the employee to become familiar with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to work well with others, maintain a positive attitude and display good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately use various computer programs and demonstrate the ability to correctly and efficiently enter alpha and numeric data.
- Understand responsibilities in purchasing procedures PR013, PUR0200, PUR0390, PUR0470, and PUR0504.
- Basic mathematical skills are required for simple math calculations and using of various measuring devices.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
The position requires the use of various hand tools and devises such items as digital caliper, pin gauges, and other measurement devices as needed depending on product requirements.
This position requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators, etc. will be used.
- Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart to be able to read component numbers, documents and measurement devices.
- Daily activities may include extended periods of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
- This position requires some reaching and bending to remove and replace items on the receiving shelf or area they are to designated, this may include transportation to various locations throughout the facility.
- Have the ability and dexterity for handling small components.
- Lifting from 10–50lbs, with occasional lifting up to 100 lbs. with assistance to move boxes and place received items where required.