The Planning Assistant II is responsible for ensuring that demand and schedule in MRP is accurate based off customer schedule and purchase orders. This position requires the knowledge and understanding of planning and master scheduling and the effect of accurate data for KMM procurement activities to be able to provide material on time for the production process and the ability of production to meet the customer expectations and schedules.
The Planning Assistant II position will also coordinate the flow of work according to daily and weekly production schedules. This includes reviewing, distributing production work and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors, and team leads to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels, and solving production problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- MRP Duties (LI 2.0 Dynamics and MRP Instructions)
- Sales Order Entry
- Maintaining Sales Forecast
- Assist in MO Receipt & Invoice (as needed)
- Plans and prepares a master schedule for production to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Maintain Line of Balance (LOB), BTT Status, and Daily Ship Report
- LOB Status – Schedule Order Numbers
- BTT Status – Purchase Order Numbers
- Plans and prioritizes schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequence and lead times.
- Plans sequence of manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Assists in developing burn down charts for production scheduling (as needed).
- Assists in plant capacity and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes and human resource requirements.
- Assist in cycle time and router updates (as needed)
- Provide accurate written and oral communication to internal and external customers
- Assist in contract review
- New Purchase Orders and/or Bundle Assemblies
- Communicate any problems or issues to Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Team Leads, and/or Program Manager
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Education: High School Diploma required
- Three years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP forecasting, planning, and production scheduling is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of forecasting and planning principles
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Knowledge of production scheduling principles
- Requires good communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate fluently (verbally and written) in the English language and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Good mathematical skills to develop schedules and reports
- Strong leadership skills and personal time management skills
- A great attention to detail, the ability to communicate highly technical information, problem-solving skills, prioritizing tasks with strict deadlines, and providing solutions are required.
- Ability to work well with others, and participate in team and cell building environments.
- Must be willing to travel when required to customer locations.
- Requirements may be modified at the time of the opening, and will be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend. There could be prolonged periods of standing.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete documentation; ability to move freely throughout the factory.