The purpose of this position is to ensure oversight of all maintenance and cleaning personnel. Ensure maintenance and cleaning job tasks completed in a manner that provides a safe and clean working environment. This job performs routine and an extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of the facility, building and equipment under general supervision. The primary responsibility of the maintenance personnel is to ensure that the other employees in the facility are able to work comfortably in a safe and clean environment.
This job requires working evenings and some weekends when needed. Some functions may be seasonal and include yard work such as mowing and trimming around the facility, and the removal of snow from the sidewalks, door entrances and parking areas. This includes but is not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform repair or general maintenance work of the facility, grounds and equipment including electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting tasks as needed.
- Ensure that the KMM facility meets the safety guidelines provided by the federal and state authorities.
- Provide oversight and scheduling of KMM cleaning and maintenance staff.
- Provide oversight of Contracted cleaning employees to ensure that items on the Contract Check List are completed and done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain maintenance supplies, distribute as needed, including laundry of mops, and break room towels.
- Ensure maintenance of Rayvac heating system, where applicable.
- Ensure maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps, where applicable
- Ensure maintenance of Boiler, where applicable
- Ensure the temperature, humidity, and airflow of facilities that have those requirements.
- Exhibit an understanding of maintenance of all Roof Top Units.
- Ensure maintenance on all roof top units and other heating/cooling units to a documented schedule; which may include filters as applicable.
- Ensure maintenance of the six exterior cooling units and internal blower units, where applicable.
- Ensure Maintenance of KMM mowers, snow blowers and any other such equipment or tools necessary to perform effectively the required functions.
- Complete Snow removal and scheduling of outside contractors as needed.
- Track vehicle maintenance schedules and ensure all vehicles are in safe operating order, including proper tire maintenance.
- Ensure that outside lights are set and working to provide safe and well lighted parking areas.
- Verify that all outside electrical outlets are functioning properly.
- Maintenance of facility interiors. This could include but not limited to:
- Moving equipment and/or furniture as needed
- Assist in the cleaning of lighting fixtures and ventilation ducts
- Maintaining & operating floor equipment such as buffers and floor cleaning machines
- Perform cleaning and janitorial functions as needed such as; sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Assist in the development and construction of tooling, workstations or any items needed to assist the elimination of waste throughout the facility and company as needed.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job task.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies, practices as well as manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment, and tools.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
GUIDANCE FOR ABOVE INDIVIDUAL TASKS (Intended as a guide only for some functions performed.)
- Maintenance of Heating and cooling system: Keep heating and cooling units operational.
- Maintenance of Air Compressors and Vacuum Pumps to include: Schedule oil and filter changes. Monitor condensation levels. Maintain belts. Maintain air dryers and coolers.
- Maintenance of Roof Top Units and heating and cooling units at all KMM locations and buildings: Order and replace intake filters quarterly. Clean intake filter three times a summer. Clean belts every filter change. Do visual survey of unit every filter change for fans, belts, and noise. Seal roof in spots needed.
- Exterior of Facility Maintenance: Keep the outside grounds free of litter, bugs, etc. Mow the lawn on regular basis. Always use protective equipment. Spraying for weeds and fertilize in the spring and the fall of the year. Spot spray lawns between spring and fall. Weed Control: use Round-up for all weeds off the lawn. Disconnect and drain water hoses in fall and store for winter. Clean decks as needed.
- Mower Maintenance: Change oil filters in midsummer and fall. Clean mowers during oil change. Add Stabil to all tanks and gas cans before winter.
- Snow Removal: Remove snow from sidewalks, Put salt down for ice. Service and maintain snow blower. Set up snow removal in Main parking lot.
- Vehicles: Monitor and schedule needed KMM vehicles for service every 3,000 miles. “Clean inside every three months or when needed. Clean outside when needed. Check and add fluids when needed. Gas up when needed.
- Lights: Adjust outside light timers seasonally.
- Interior of Facility: Check and replace lights throughout the Dickinson facility. Check and control thermostats, hemostats, and dampers for rooftop vents. Paint when needed. Fix and maintain tile floors. Build things for production use and building as needed or required. Keep plumbing working in facilities and repair as needed. Moving furniture and equipment in and to other facilities. Help Cells with special projects. Unload truck shipments, drive forklift occasionally as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues:
- Repair equipment, and machines using the appropriate tools.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on a wide range of equipment.
- Perform basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Formal education, training, or prior work experience for all of the following is preferred:
- HVAC- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Electrical; Painting; Plumbing
- Forklift Operation; Welding
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills is required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Successfully pass criminal background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to pass the vehicle insurance screening by KMM’s Insurance company
- Additionally, this position requires the employee is able to communicate (verbally and written) fluently in the English language.
- Requirements maybe modified at the time of the opening, and be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- This position requires the use of a computer and computer related software. The employee must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc. will be used.
- Floor buffer-Zamboni; Mop and other cleaning related items
- Lawn Mower; Snow Blower and/or shovel
- Small tractor; Washer and Dryer
- Air compressor; Fork Lift
- Variety of power tools (jigsaw, grinder, circular saw, drills, table saw, etc.)
- Variety of hand tools (hammer, punch, file, saw, tape measure, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a vehicle for occasional travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job.
- The ability to stoop, kneel, bend, sit, and stand for extended length of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull a minimum of 10 lbs.
- The ability to operate all equipment, tools, and machinery listed above under Equipment and Machinery Used.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal.
- Some early morning, late evenings or weekends may be required as needed for production support and maintenance.
- Physical movements to perform the janitorial functions as needed.
- Ability to drive KMM vehicles and personal vehicle for work related activities.
- Occasional travel to various KMM facilities to perform the functions of the job may be required.
- This position requires the mobility to move throughout the facilities, stamina and ability to deal with stressful situations, travel and to work flexible hours.