Summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to support the document control functions for the Dickinson facility (BCA & F-15). This position will require workdays consistent with the facility workweek of Monday through Friday during regular business hours. This is a highly visible position, the employee needs to have good organizational skills and patience with the ability to work with frequent interruptions and still be able to perform in a proficient and accurate manner to complete necessary tasks on time. The position includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Maintains the document control system consisting of process-related documentation, drawings, external documentation, production documents, department procedures, and work instructions
• Processes all document and drawing changes including administrative clerical checking for accuracy and completeness and release to the authorized users
• Collaborates with production personnel in the generation of documents that reflect their internal processes and conform to the requirements of the document system
• Confers with document originators to resolve discrepancies and update procedures in a timely manner
• Conducts daily review of documentation and audits for completeness and compliance with ISO 9001 requirements
• Participates as a team member of internal audit program and documents root cause analysis and CAPA
• Keeps calendar for internal audits, document review, verification and validation
• Possess the ability to identify problems, causes, and provides solutions as required
• Leads and participates in interdepartmental initiatives for continuous improvement
• Performs data entry and upkeep of the revision control database and/or baseline
• Provides guidance on document control practices and procedures to all departments
• Ensures that documents are revised and processed in a timely manner, according to the change control process and department processing time goals
• Performs training for the users of the document control system
• Performs separating, scanning, shredding, and storing of documents as needed
• Files and maintains historical information as needed
• Updates and maintains organizational chart for programs
• Issues, maintains, stores, and archives all documentation
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a strong customer service focus
• Possesses the ability to balance conflicting, top priority demands from various groups within established timelines, and work well under pressure
• Possesses proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office products
• Possesses knowledge of administrative and document procedures and customer service principles is required
• Assists receptionist when needed
• Must be self-motivated
• Possesses excellent written and verbal skills
• Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Physical Requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment working conditions
• Employee must meet the dress code requirements for leadership
• While performing the job, the employee may have to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time to perform the necessary job responsibilities
• Employee must have the ability to use a computer and to transfer data as needed to computer programs, which requires the ability to see written documents and a computer screen
• Must be able to move freely throughout the facility to provide documents to areas as needed
• This position requires minimal lifting to transfer files as needed for sorting, scanning, and shredding
Equipment and Machinery used:
• The position requires the use of a computer and related software, and standard office equipment necessary in completing job tasks
• Laminator use for lamination as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Oral Communication – the individual communicates effectively, clearly, and respectfully in both written and verbal communication with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide the necessary information and meets timelines, provides necessary follow-up and is willing to offer process improvements to improve their work environment.
• Time Management Skills – the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
• Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment – the individual exhibits sound and accurate judgment, understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
• Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Lean/Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
• Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information and can interpret the information as needed accurately to internal and external teammates. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks.
• Problem Solving – the individual identify and assist in the resolution of problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully by using knowledge gained through work experience and education. The individual provides process improvement ideas and solutions to problems and is proactive in addressing potential issues. The individual embraces the concept of team participation in problem solving and understands the importance of providing and seeking assistance when needed. This competency will be demonstrated through improved productivity, FPY, and an increase in certifications.
• Leadership – the individual inspires others to perform well and is willing to accept feedback from others. This individual must be able to show leadership through personal actions and a good solid work ethic that promotes teamwork and enthusiasm. The ability to listen and understand problems and issues clearly and to recognize subordinate or coworker problem, issues and frustrations with processes to assist in resolving these problems is critical to this function. The individual understands and practices a servant leadership attitude and treats everyone with respect and understanding while providing guidance, assistance, and direction.
• Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety, and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly and proved assistance where needed.
Maintain production/assembly certifications
Provide Mentorship to the production cells on Factory Flow Lean practices and tooling use.
Collaborate with PM, MS’s, Production Leadership Teams, and co-workers to assist colleagues in developing and implementing a comprehensive and effective CCA Plant training program to meet manufacturing needs and requirements.
Plan, organize, administer, review, and create self evaluation opportunities for the work of subordinate professionals, technical, support, and operational staff where present, through subordinate supervisors and lead workers
Provide for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of manufacturing subordinate staff and make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion, and discipline as required
Monitor and stay abreast with manufacturing technology, legal (i.e. ITAR & Export Laws) and operational changes that affect the manufacturing activities and work processes of the program; make recommendations for the development and implementation of continuous improvement activities to assist insure the program meets changing mission parameters and requirements
• Conflict Resolution: Facilitate resolution of issues. This may include setting up and moderating conflict resolutions and when necessary involving Human Resources and/or escalation to the Program Manager
• General Duties:
Prepares a variety of written manufacturing correspondence, reports, procedures, directives, and other materials
Knowledge and enforcement of all KMM policies and procedures and a clear understanding and demonstration of all safety requirements is required
This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
Maintain a document for weekly review to the Program Manager that demonstrates continual enhancement of the 15 KMM capacities
* Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education, prior work experience, and skills and knowledge:
The employee must have intimate knowledge of aerospace manufacturing, at least 1-2 years experience with KMM operations, and have the ability to perform the calculations, reporting, and evaluations required. The position requires the employee to have proficient computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Also, the position requires a working knowledge of required production standards as they apply to programs (JSTD, IPC 620, and IPC 610) that are contract and customer requirements. In addition, the position requires good communication skills, and the ability to professionally handle employee issues as they arise.
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
This position will require long periods of computer use while performing the reporting, tracking and planning requirements. The employee must have the ability to move freely throughout the production area to effectively evaluate program status and assist where needed with machinery, tooling and program analysis. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate through verbal and written means and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail and other standard office communication devices.