Fiber Optic Operator
The purpose of the Fiber Optic Operator is to provide a quality produce while striving to improve profits & cash flow, and they will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting program schedules and improving processes, and monitor and insure that a quality product is produced through teamwork.
This position requires an attention to detail and an ability to do quality work in providing the highly technical operation to work with and produce fiber optic products to meet KMM customer requirements.
This requires the operator to perform all tasks involved in the assembly of KMM’s fiber optic cables. This includes measuring and cutting fibers, prepping connectors, cable assembly and testing. Following standard work procedures and practicing safe work habits to ensure a quality product is produced in a manner that is both efficient and safe. This includes but not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Read and follow processes
• Perform work as assigned by Team Lead or Department Supervisor.
• Ability to identify tooling and component identification knowledge
• Assist with special projects and new product/process implementation.
• Maintain a minimum standard quota for each given assignment
• Have ability to evaluate any mechanical or material issues.
• Pack finished goods into proper packages/boxes and place in designated area
• Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
• Work daily to reduce waste, rework and continual process improvement to meet the 99.6% FPY expectation
• This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
This position requires that the operator have an ability to perform the required tasks with a high degree of accuracy. The position requires the worker to possess a high degree of manual dexterity and steadiness in order to handle small objects and perform the intricate fiber work. Employee must be able to read/comprehend written instructions as well as follow verbal direction as necessary. Worker must also posses the ability to reason, analyze and display understanding of basic math skills.
|Salary & Benefits|
|Salary Range||$15 hr|
|Benefits||Medical, vision, dental and 401K|
|Testing||All required testing will be administered by KMM on or before hiring/employment|
|Education||Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have to sit or stand for extended periods of time; Employee is occasionally required to push/pull and reach above shoulder level. Some lifting up to 5-10 lbs may be required. Employee must be able to read .37M from the Graham-Field vision chart. This position requires the use of a computer screen to view microscope data through as well as using a computer and programs to perform the daily function.|
|License||N/A – However, employee must have the means to arrive to work on time daily.|