The purpose of this position is to provide support to the planning, contracts and document functions including demand analysis, factory scheduling, document configuration baseline, program status and participation in the contract review/production readiness review. This positon requires the knowledge and understanding of planning and master scheduling and the effect of accurate data for KMM procurement activities to be able to provide material on time for the production process and the ability of production to meet the customer expectations and schedules. This position requires interaction and communication with KMM’s customers to keep them updated on the status of the contracts. The Contract Administrator/Planner must represent KMM in a professional manner at all times, be responsive, and respectful, to customers and coworkers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- MRP Duties
- Enter Sales Orders and Sales Order Releases
- Open and/or release manufacturing orders based upon customer forecasts
- Maintain dates on open and released manufacturing orders and picklists
- Transfer Sales Orders to Invoice (pack slips) in Dynamics and communicate with shipping personnel
- Monitor part shortages that affect production scheduling and work with procurement to resolve shortages
- Request updates to customer contractual delivery dates prior to shipping to avoid late delivery hits
- Download customer forecast data as available and accurately enter into KMM systems
- Perform and/or participate in Contract Review and Production Readiness Reviews
- Update and maintain documents in Contract Data Files
- Provide accurate written and oral communication to internal and external customers
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma. Prior work experience in office/administrative position will be considered in lieu of diploma.
- Proven Organizational skills with a Results Driven positive attitude.
- Ability to Type and input Data Entry information with a limited number of errors, in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail; Thoroughness and Ability to maintain Confidentiality.
- Ability to Analyze and incorporate Problem solving and Decision Making Skills.
- Self-Starter that is comfortable working independently, but is also a team player.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and material quickly (quick learner) and maintain consistent and high energy level to complete projects on time.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry is helpful but is not a requirement.
- Competent phone and computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Products, and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability and comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter.
- Ability to effectively and fluently communicate (verbally and written) in the English language
- These requirements may be modified based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the employee must be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Requires the daily use of a computer and computer related software. Must be able to accurately and proficiently enter and retrieve data as needed for the job tasks.
- Standard office equipment such as copiers, calculators etc., will be used.
- Must be able to enter and retrieve data with accuracy and proficiency into the computer using standard keyboard.
- Daily activities may include extended periods (4 hours or longer) of sitting and entering data into the computer system.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written in the English language and will require frequent use of phone, e-mail, and other standard office communication devices.