Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to provide a clean and comfortable work environment and assist in any minor maintenance duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor. The individual understands the importance of their function and strives to always do quality work.
This job requires working evenings and some weekends when needed. Some functions may be seasonal and include light yard work such as mowing, weeding, planting in flowerbeds, hauling hoses for watering, and trimming around the facility. Daily tasks involve general cleaning of one or more of KMM facilities, which includes but are not limited to the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
This position required basic janitorial duties including but not limited to:
- Cleaning restrooms and break rooms daily
- Washing walls and vents as needed
- Collecting and properly disposing of garbage
- Operating light duty cleaning equipment as needed
- Mowing, weeding and watering outside (seasonal)
- Snow removal as needed (seasonal)
- Washing and cleaning windows as needed
- General cleaning and maintenance around entry ways
- Wash mops once a month
- Wash towels from break room every other week
- Order supplies and distribute
- Dust facility once a week
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
- The position has a minimal education requirement
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- This position requires the ability to pass a background and reliability check
Physical requirements, i.e. vision, lifting, standing, sitting, etc, and environment/working conditions:
- The position is in maintenance and requires all the physical functions associated with mopping, sweeping, cleaning, polishing, washing walls and windows, etc. This involves but not limited to stooping, bending, reaching, pushing and lifting of 25-50 lbs.
- The ability to climb ladders for cleaning walls and vents.
- The ability to reach above the shoulders and head when performing various cleaning functions as needed.
- The ability to operate movers, snow blowers and other mechanical maintenance equipment as needed.
- This position may require the use of various machines and hand tools for cleaning.
- This position will require passing the physical fit test on an annual basis.
- This persona has the responsibility and authority to carry out the assigned tasks.
- Performs all other related duties and assignments as required.
Equipment and machinery used:
- Floor buffer
- Mop and other cleaning related items
- Lawn Mower
- Snow Blower and/or shovel
- Washer and Dryer
- Various hand tools associated with maintenance and yard tasks
- Cleaning chemicals and various tools as associated with janitorial duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. The individual can analyze work performed and verify accuracy and completion of tasks.
- Oral communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and avoids situations that are negative and potentially destructive to the team environment. The individual communicates with the team to effectively provide input for process improvements and lean activities to enhance product and work environment.
- Time Management skills—the individual effectively manages work time to ensure that they are engaged and focused to provide quality work in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in the performance of their duties.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. The individual understands the complexity and importance of the job function and is willing to seek assistance where needed.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Lean / Process Improvements – the individual has an understanding of the lean environment goals and is actively engaged in process improvements in all areas of responsibility.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly. And assists the safety committee where needed.
It is KMM’s expectation that the employee will know, understand and adhere to all KMM policies, procedures, standards of conduct and adhere to KMM Mission Statement and Values. They must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, and able to work and be a part of the teamwork environment at KMM. In addition the employee must be self motivated and exemplify good attention to detail and be able to handle job pressure and interruptions. There may be times where extra hours are necessary to complete required tasks.
The continued success of KMM is reliant upon the engagement of employees to provide continuous improvements through lean activities and process improvement activities and recommendations. Quality of product is paramount to KMM and as such the cleanliness of the facility helps to control FOD and the employee’s continued employment and the ability to perform the functions of the job will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these requirements are met.
As a KMM employee it is an expectation that you will treat coworkers with respect and will refrain from any comments or actions at work, in public or on public networking sites that could be considered as liable or degrading to KMM or your fellow employees.
This position requires a certain level of independence and self assurance as well as critical thinking for decision making.
This job description is not intended as a written contract or a promise of continued employment but a guide to job duty requirements. Other tasks or duties may be assigned as needed to perform the daily operations to provide customer satisfaction and a quality product.
KMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D and a Drug, Alcohol and Weapons Free Workplace.