The purpose of this position is to provide and accurate and stable workflow to the production floor of the necessary wire for the build needs. This requires following written instructions and details, programming wire cutting machines and equipment used for ID markers as well as kitting material to specific jobs. This position will require moving heavy wire spools, learning how to program the equipment, and working on the computer as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wire Cutting – Identifying correct wire, programming the wire cutter, moving spools of wire,
- Creating ID’s for connectors and wires
- Kitting wire in physically and in the Dynamics tracking system
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The position requires the employee to have or learn computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and wire cutting
- This position requires the ability to perform computer entries accurately and in a timely fashion to ensure that cut files and material inventory is accurate and
- The position requires good communication skills to work with Engineering, Team Leads and Operators as needed to ensure that schedules are met and material is provided as needed to fill the needs of the production operations.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Wire Cutting/Laser Marking Machine
- Miscellaneous other hand tools
- This position requires the ability to see .37 on the Graham Field chart with or without magnification to be able to read wire identification, which is critical to the identification process;
- Lifting 50 to 75 lb spools of wire and load into the wire-cutting feeder;
- Standing by the wire cutting machine for extended periods during the shift and sitting; for short periods while creating ID’s for connectors and
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, self-motivated, work with interruptions
Must be able to pass the physical testing requirements (pre-employment and annual).