The purpose of this position is to assist in the cleaning and maintenance of the KMM facilities as assigned. The Maintenance Assistant’s goal is to ensure the upkeep of property while being mindful of profits & cash flow. They will have the responsibility to strive to eliminate waste, provide a stable workflow while meeting operation program needs and improving and maintaining equipment, floors, yards and utility equipment. This job may require working evenings/nights and weekends when needed.
The Maintenance Assistant will conduct themselves in a professional manner and at all times be responsive and respectful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform repair or general maintenance work of the facility, grounds and equipment including but not limited to electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting tasks as needed.
- Cleaning and janitorial functions as needed.
- Mowing, snow removal and other outside functions as seasonably needed.
- Perform routine Facility Maintenance.
- Assist in the development and construction of tooling, workstations and any items needed to assist in the elimination of waste throughout the facility. This could include but is not limited to:
- Carpentry Tasks
- Basic Welding
- Designing and Building various tooling in the production area
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job tasks.
- Adhere to all KMM safety policies and procedures, as well as adhering to the manufacturer recommendations on operation of all equipment and tools.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires the ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify, maintain and correct any number of facility issues.
- Education or previous experience in a maintenance, mechanical or electrical field is preferred.
- Documented background with demonstrated skills in carpentry and /or basic welding.
- These requirements may be temporarily adjusted or modified at the time of the opening, and be based on current labor availability and staffing needs. In these instances, the expectation is that the employee be able to meet all requirements within 180 days of accepting the position.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Floor buffer
- Outdoor power equipment including snow removal equipment (snow blower and/or shovel), grass cutting equipment (riding mowers, push mowers, weed eater), Bobcat, Forklift.
- Washer and Dryer.
- Various hand tools, saws, and other tools associated with carpentry and welding functions.
- Various tools as associated with janitorial duties.
- Personal Protective Equipment as required by specific tasks.
- Requires all the physical functions associated with cleaning and maintenance functions such bending, twisting, reaching, and climbing ladders and stools, reaching above the shoulders and head as well as the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the ability to use various machines and hand tools for cleaning and maintenance items needed to support the production requirements including but not limited to:
- lawn mowers or push mowers
- snow removal equipment
- floor buffers
- standard carpentry tools and cutting devices including hammers nail guns, hand and power saws, and drills.
- Small tractors; Bobcat; Forklifts
- Ability to climb, set up, and use ladders including step, A-Frame, and extension.
- Ability to work outside in summer and winter as needed for yard maintenance and snow removal.
- This position will require passing a physical fit test on an annual basis.
The employee must be able lift objects 30-50 lbs.